In this system, the focus is on horses that won two starts ago but may have performed poorly at their most recent start. Seems best suited to city tracks.
- Eliminate any race whose distance is not between 1000 metres and 1400 metres
- Eliminate any race with less than 10 starters
- Any contender must have won its second last start and must have a career win strike rate of better than 10%
- Any contender must not have won or been placed at its last start
- Eliminate any horse that has not has at least two runs from a spell
- Eliminate any horse whose last start was not between 10 and 17 days ago
- If more than one horse remains back the one carrying the highest weight