To qualify as a selection in this system, the horse must be the ONLY one in the race that has won at the distance of today’s event and provided it is also one of the top three picks in the morning newspaper poll.
- Eliminate all maiden handicap races
- Track must be “fast”, “good” or “dead” at worst
- Selection must be the only horse in the race that has won at today’s distance
- Selection must be tipped in the morning paper to run 1, 2 or 3
- If no newspaper poll is available (country meeting), use selections from the course caller